Welcome to the Peony Farm and Nature Lodge, a quiet beautiful vacation get away in Alaska. Enjoy gorgeous surroundings including 1,000 peony flowers around the property.
Stay inside of a historical Quonset Hut originally used in World War 2. These huts were designed to shelter the homesteaders during the war. This Quonset Hut has been restored to make your experience as pleasant as possible.
Below is a link to an article provided by the Anchorage Daily News about the history of Quonset Huts in Alaska.
Quirky Quonsets: Anchorage Daily News
Photo featured at the top of the page was take at Q40 Farm, by Naomi Feaster
This all began with the idea to retire and leave less of a foot print on the environment. We have had a lot of fun building and renovating this Quonset hut to make it comfortable for visitors to stay. Q40 Farm was a way for us to embrace our love of farming and staying active. We hope you enjoy this historical World War 2 hut and beautiful land in Alaska.
- Take AK-1 / N. Cobb Street
- Turn left onto Soapstone Road and continue for 4.4 miles
- Right on Maccarrey Street and continue for 0.7 miles
- Turn left onto East Norman Ave. continue driving for 0.2 miles
- Right on Smith Street and continue for 0.5 miles
- Turn right onto East Hermann Ave. and in 700 feet
- Take a left at 13613 East Hremann Ave, Palmer Alaska 99645